We are no longer accepting entries – stay tuned for our upcoming contests!
Please read the contest rules & guidelines before submitting your application
1) First place winner will receive $100 in market bucks
2) Second Place will receive $50 in market bucks
1) The Fairgrounds Farmers Market Berry Fresh Pie Contest is a nonprofessional baking competition for contestants 18 and older.
2) All entries must be homemade
3) Only one entry per person
4) No entries will be accepted that require refrigeration
5) Pies must be submitted in a disposable pie plate (foil, tin, etc.). Container/pie plate will not be returned
6) Contestants are responsible for submitting a written recipe with their pie
7) Pies are due at the market by 8:45 a.m. on Saturday, June 11 at the pie contest table. Judging will begin at 9:15 a.m.
RETURN ENTRY FORM BY THURSDAY, JUNE 9 TO:
Winston-Salem Fairgrounds, 421 W 27th Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27105 OR scan to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR bring to the Fairgrounds office at 421 W 27th Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27105. Enter Gate 9 and the office is on your left.
JUDGING CRITERIA – Pies will be judged by professional chefs on:
b. consistency of crust or topping
d. Runniness or juiciness
a. Flavor (strength and balance)
b. Mouth-feel (appropriateness)
c. Crust (flaky, soggy, mealy)
3) Overall Impression
email email@example.com or call 336-774-8870