The Drive -Winston-Salems Drive-In Theater Destination
There’s a new game in town! It’s a socially-distanced entertainment venue that the whole family will enjoy together! Who is ready for some outdoor fun at night in a safe environment? The Winston-Salem Fairgrounds is proud to offer a drive-in theater that takes all safety precautions very seriously. The Drive is now open to provide a unique entertainment experience.
Yes, there is a way to leave your home, enjoy time together and know that every measure is being taken to keep your family safe and healthy!
This is a new era in entertainment. People want to get out of the house, but also need to know that they are not risking their health. At The Drive, we have incorporated protocols that would be impossible in a normal movie theater.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Socially distanced parking spaces…our parking lot is larger than an average drive-in, allowing for 8 feet between vehicles. No more parking your car tightly next to another parking space.
- Your concession stand popcorn, food, beverage (including beer and wine) can be ordered by mobile app and delivered to your car! No more running to the snack bar hoping not to miss part of the film! (Of course, alcoholic beverages will be served only to passengers, not drivers, over the age of 21.) No need to bring in outside food, with our delicious concession goodies!
- Huge 40 ft. by 25 ft. movie screens with high quality video and FM audio. We transmit the crisp audio to your car radio or FM radio devices.
- Portable restroom facilities with hand sanitizer stations are at the end of each row of cars. You don’t have to leave your car for any reason except to use these facilities.
- The Drive meets or exceeds all COVID-19 mitigation guidelines.
- Midnight Movies at the Drive.
- 2 screens for double the pleasure. New films will be shown on both screens, but most nights there will be a selection of 2 movies.
- Hands-free ticket purchasing – order online tickets through TicketMaster or use your credit/debit card at our box office.
We are doing everything to offer a healthy, safe, family entertainment venue during a challenging time for our country.
Gates open at 7:30 p.m. and showtime begins at dusk or 8:45 p.m. There are 2 screens, so you always have a choice in the film you can see, or you can visit us twice a week!
Items you may want to bring with you to make yourselves comfortable:
- Lawn chairs
- Bug spray
- Flashlight for trips to the toilet facilities
- FM radio
- Mobile device to pace food and beverage orders
We have worked hard to bring the latest movie selections to our screens and will continue to maintain our high entertainment, safety and health standards.
The Drive is hoping to offer the highest quality, fun experience to the Winston-Salem community during these trying times. We hope you enjoy our selections and the entire experience of attending a drive-in theater with your family, as you probably did during your childhood! We have implemented all social distance, mask, sanitizing, hand-cleaning option possible to ensure a safe environment for your family and friends.
Some of the latest films showing in July include:
- Days of Thunder
- Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- The Angry Bird Movie 2
Please visit our website at www.thedrivemovie.com or our Facebook page for the latest news and movie schedule. Our website also has a merchandise page, so feel free to give some of our quality items as gifts or keep them as a reminder of your fun experience!
Since we’re offering this new venue in Winston-Salem, be sure to tell your friends and family about this entertainment option that meets all social distancing guidelines! Patrons are reminded of their childhood, when as a kid they also attended a drive-in with their family. Many people are enjoying the nostalgic atmosphere and receiving some comfort in returning to a time-honored tradition during an uncertain time. You will feel that comfort and anticipation upon arrival and the enjoyment will continue as you enjoy your new favorite movie theater!
The Winston-Salem Fairgrounds is proud to continue serving the community and to provide updated options for family-friendly fun.